Tuesday 23 April 2013

Evaluation Question 3: What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

From my audience feedback I have effectively found that my music video appeals to different markets and alternate target audiences. Through this I have also been able to understand what different groups appreciate within a music video.
I have effectively been able to understand from my target audience the attraction to my music video through the exposure of the band within the performance side of my music video. Furthermore, it is appealing to my target audience through the strong use of colours being black and bright lights. I found from my questionnaire I handed out around my class that people who enjoy rock music also enjoy having a section of narrative. I took this into account when planning and included a narrative section in my final product. I gained feedback from the same people towards my music video which came back with positive reactions.
I also asked for feedback from various other audiences e.g. that of an older audience. I gained positive feedback, being that the proxemics of lighting and band during the performance based performance was effective, yet I learnt that the camera shots of the narrative were not as effective as I would have wished through the lack of facial expression shown.
Furthermore, I asked for feedback from various teachers out of my target audience who admired the quality of the music video, yet were not as drawn in to the narrative as I would have wished, therefore I have effectively learnt to focus more on narrative to allow a connection to build between audience and protagonist’s in the music video.
I also asked my mother for feedback in which she responded positively yet, gave effective feedback highlighting the in-direct use of a character driving a car. Through this I have learnt to make smaller point vivid for my audience, allowing them to understand the narrative in more depth.
I have gained a lot of effective feedback from my audience allowing me to adapt my music video to the highest standard that I could possibly get. I believe through the feedback I also learnt that my target audience is not necessarily the only audience I wish to be appealing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment