Friday 26 April 2013

Evaluation Question 4: How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research planning and evaluation stages?








How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research planning and evaluation stages? 

Technology in Research
I began my research effective using new media technologies such as search engines, Microsoft products and such viewing products as Adobe Reader etc. The search engine I chose to use was Google, which ultimately helped me choose a target audience through various magazine websites found through the search engine - http://www.bauermedia.co.uk/.
Furthermore I used such programmes as Microsoft word to help me write certain lists/texts/ideas etc. The programme gave me a wide range of fonts, text sizes which would effectively help me with later programmes such as Photoshop which uses similar font pallets. Microsoft PowerPoint gave me much help through the use of being able to create short and concise presentations which gave my findings in an effective manner.
In the planning of the magazine I was required to read a lot of texts from online sources, Adobe Reader greatly helped me being able to read texts in the form of a PDF. By this I would not have to save an online document due to the quick open function. Adobe Reader is also a very effective and easy programme to operate through the concept of zooming, scrolling through pages and manipulating texts.
Technology in Planning
Technology was a key component of my planning my music video. I used many programmes allowing my knowledge to grow. I also began to learn to combine technologies in an effective manner e.g. Microsoft Word and Scribd. Scribd is a programme that allowed me to upload a document in the txt. format to my blog. The programme would also effectively give a tool to scroll through the document whilst it is posted on my blog.
Another effective combination of technologies is Microsoft Word and Slideshare. Slideshare ultimately allows you to load txt. Formatted documents on your blog, very much like Scribd. Yet Slideshare gives the document in a format allowing you to move from slide to slide giving a much different effect on your blog. Both Slideshare and Scribd are both online programmes which can be prone to failing causing many problems, yet fortunately are easily fixable through restarting the converting process.
Another effective piece of technology is Prezi, this, much like Powerpoint, allows people to see presentations in a way allowing the viewer to see a very animated-like presentation of texts. Furthermore, Prezi gives an embed code for each presentation created allowing for easy upload to blogs.
Technology in Construction
In the stages of constructing my music video a programme that was mainly responsible for the editing process was Adobe Premier. This allowed me to cut, fade, screen and edit shot views. Adobe Premiere requires a lot of practice, yet is a very effective programme allowing someone to be able to manipulate videos and sounds. I effectively matched the beat of a song to my camera clips giving my music video a professional look. Furthermore, I effectively cut clips to a shorter time to make them seem a lot more tightly timed. Adobe Premiere also allowed me to manipulate sounds through the tools letting me edit volume and speed of sounds/music.
Adobe Photoshop was an effective programme used for creating my digipack, the use of layers, colours, templates and tools helped me to make a effective digipack. I effectively used the pen tool to draw my characters on the covers of the digipack. Furthermore, I found tracing easy through using layers and the paint brush tool. I made this look more effective through using drop shadow on the traced item. I enjoyed being able to edit brightness and contrast of text and drawings.
The online website Weebly enabled me to create a professional looking website for the band of my music video. I inserted various widgits and pictures making the website look further authentic. I used Adobe Photoshop to make banners and picture, then weebly allowed me to upload the JPEG’s to my website giving the website a more welcoming tone. Weebly allowed me to use my vision of an effective website to mould my own. This was through the vast amount of combinations of tools, proxemics and backgrounds.
Technology in my Evaluations
I used such programmes as Microsoft Word/Powerpoint, Scribd, Slidshare and Adobe In Design to allow me to write and upload my evaluation questions.
Adobe In Design allowed me to move texts and pictures into spaces allowing for an effective and professional look. Adobe In Design allowed me to make a booklet looking concept for my evaluation question 2. The programme effectively blends Microsoft word through aspects such as Spell Check and text font changes, and Adobe Photoshop allowing the creator to manipulate pictures with things such as contrast and brightness.


No comments:

Post a Comment